CBD Can Alleviate Anxiety
Having a hard time winding down and getting a good night’s rest? CBD may be a great option for you. Cannabidiol, or CBD, is the second most active ingredient in the cannabis plant. Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, CBD does not cause intoxicating effects. In other words, CBD won’t get you high. CBD can, however, bring on feelings of tranquility and sleepiness to its users, which makes it an option for people who have anxiety or are experiencing insomnia. CBD oil can be ingested in several different ways, including via capsule, tincture, vapor, or spray form.
CBD Can Alleviate Physical Pain
CBD oil also alleviates physical pain. CBD oil can help promote a better night’s sleep through its pain and anxiety-relieving properties too. The sleep-inducing effects of CBD oil are linked to its concentration levels. Low-concentration oils will produce minimal effects, while high-concentration oils will produce strong effects. CBD may also prolong sleep for some, leading to more rest from night to night. CBD oil can be a great, non-traditional option for people with the following sleep disorders and medical conditions:
- Insomnia: The anxiety-alleviating and sleep-prolonging qualities of CBD oil make it a good option for many people with insomnia. If pain or discomfort is what triggers your insomnia, you may find that using CBD oil alleviates your physical symptoms significantly.
CBD oil may also promote daytime wakefulness when taken in small amounts; therefore insomniacs can use it as a quick pick-me-up if they are stuck in zombie mode due to a lack of sleep the night before.
- REM behavior disorder: REM behavior disorder (RBD) is a parasomnia disorder. Instead of experiencing normal REM sleep, which includes the temporary paralysis of your limbs, you physically act out. Shouting, agitation, and violent dreams can be a part of RBD. For many, RBD can be a symptom of a larger, more serious condition or disorder, such as PTSD or narcolepsy. CBD oil can minimize RBD symptoms and any physical pain associated with the disorders linked to it.
- Depression and anxiety: Both depression and anxiety have been linked to sleep disruption. And a lack of sleep over time may deteriorate your mental health too. CBD activates serotonin receptors in the brain, which has anti-anxiety effects. CBD has also been known to successfully manage the following anxiety-related disorders:
– Panic Disorder
– Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
– PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
– Social Phobia
A study in Brazil found that CBD helped people with Social Anxiety Disorder perform a simulated public speaking test with greater success. Participants reported a significant decrease in anxiety, supported by objective indicators such as heart rate and blood pressure.
Researchers concluded, “[CBD] significantly reduced anxiety, cognitive impairment, and discomfort in their speech performance,” whereas the placebo group experienced “higher anxiety, cognitive impairment, [and] discomfort.”
While the widespread usage of CBD in the United States is still fairly new, there are countless ways in which it can help you relax, unwind, and get a good night’s rest.